Youth and Worship Pastor
Save this opening
- New search
|:: Organization ::
||Zion BIC Church
|Street Address 1
||997 Hwy 18
|State / Province
|Zip / Postal Code
Email this organization
||We are looking for a full time youth and worship pastor.
We are a church of 150 people in Abilene, KS.
1. The individual must have put his/her faith in Jesus Christ and be living in a growing relationship with Jesus.
2. The individual should display the spiritual character traits described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. He/she should seek to emulate Christ?s model of servant leadership.
3. The individual must be in agreement with the 10 core values of the BIC church (available upon request or can be found on our website).
4. The individual should have a passion to see the church make a positive impact (spiritually, relationally, through service) in the Abilene area and around the world.
5. Has ministry training or is in the process of ministry training (could be seminary or a ministry track through BIC denomination, for example).
1. Has a call of God upon his/her life to ministry.
2. Has a passion for youth and discipleship of teens into a maturing faith.
3. Is able to present the gospel in a relevant manner to teens.
4. Is capable of building and leading teams to carry out ministry.
5. Works well with others and is willing to be accountable to other staff and Leadership Team.
1. Is proficient leading a team to lead worship services.
2. It is preferred individual is proficient playing guitar and/or keyboard.
3. Individual is capable of leading worship vocally.
4. Is willing to integrate, and is comfortable with both ?hymns? and ?choruses? as we seek a blended service.
5. Lead practices for the worship team.
1. Meet weekly with staff for prayer, planning, accountability.
2. Attend Board of Congregational Life and Leadership Team meetings monthly.
3. Hourly balance of 30 hrs/wk youth work; 10 hrs/wk worship.
4. To build teams which equip and enable the youth to follow Christ and prepare them for life.
5. To lead the youth ministry team and plan youth meetings weekly.
6. Build relationships with parents, sharing in the vision of discipleship of their children.
7. Plan service projects or mission trips for students.
8. Develop core truths that all youth should know by the time they graduate from high school.
9. To lead worship on Sunday mornings.
10. Lead the worship team and prepare them for Sunday worship service.
11. Willing to work with Lead Pastor to plan worship services.
If you believe you would be a fit for this position please email or call.
||01-26-2010 09:48:16 AM
|Date last modified